Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Happiness Map


Okai ! I have found what seem's to be the best map in the world ! It's a map showing the level's of happiness, and Guess what ? My house is in the red ( Red's a good thing for once). This map was produced by Adrian White who is a Analytical Social Psychologist at the University of Leiceter. The one thing I would like to know is how was the Happiness measured? Well it seem's safe to say different thing's make different people happy but to calculate and measure , surely there must be a standard or a common unit - heres the science http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~angner/pdf/WelfareMeasurement.pdf

Try this test out from the BBC website and see how happy you are -


I did this Test and it seem's I am ...
"Slightly below average in life satisfaction -
People who score in this range usually have small but significant problems in several areas of their lives, or have many areas that are doing fine but one area that represents a substantial problem for them.", You may think that bad but my first time doing this test I by accident left out a question and the result didnt make me happy at all at all!
I think item's like these two are great for moral ! Wouldnt it be a better world if it was all red, I'm very bad at quotes but the one about the guy's who put their problem's into the pot come's to mind, Everyone prefered to take away their own problem.

No comments: