Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Papercraft

PaperCraft - It's something I have had an intrest in for quite abit as I always liked model's and the related stick, But this was something better, It was free and anyone could make a model, all that was required was paper and someone nice enough to print the page for you.


Having been making card Building's for other Games for years, this was the natural progression.


I think in PaperCraft it is becoming an art style in its' self, some of the amazing model's made from paper and glue would shock you.

My favourite's would have to be the amazing working Record player as a huge record fan I gotta makes me one of these ! http://www.simonelvins.com/paper_record.html
Hard to believe it actually produces any sound but check out the word's and understand the science.


Second up for me would have to be another love of mine turned paper - The paper camera http://www.pinhole.cz/en/pinholecameras/l_dirkon_02.html which also work's, theres quite a few of these camera's floating about and some of the designs are outstanding, still no Lomo though !


If your like me (that mean's not good at PaperCraft!) and want to begin on something fun, simple and stylish what better place to start only on Ben's SpeakerDog's !
These guys are simple, fun and also some really nice idea's in there too, check it out - http://www.bentheillustrator.com/speakerdog.html , Currently I am creating a SpeakerDog of my own, using one of the blank Template's, Hopefully showing a collage of Limericks Building's and site's, mixed up till they are not even acknowledged as buildings! But he also excepts submission's for the series's, so get making !!
Hopefully I have show a few good papercraft's and given the urge to go ,create, there's PaperCraft of everything you could possible image so keep searching.



1 comment:

Sandra said...

Papercraft! Wow, you are a man of many varied talents :) I'm pleasantly surprised! Cool blog btw :D!!